The goal of the World Heritage Education Program is to educate Philadelphia’s youth to be global kids with roots.
The fate of our heritage will soon be in our children’s hands. Through the World Heritage Education Program, we aim to broaden their understanding of their and other cultures and to prepare them to be successful in a rapidly globalizing world.
For more info on the Education Program, contact Melissa Stevens at email@example.com or 215-563-2483.
What Do We Do?
1. Teacher Professional Development workshops
2. Development of Philadelphia World Heritage Educational Resources
3. Connecting area teachers to local and global resources and programs (Search Resources)
4. Assistance in designing and running World Heritage Student Programs
5. Advocating at city and state level for more support for heritage education
6. Maintaining this website as a “one-stop-shop” for World Heritage education
World Heritage Ambassador Teachers
In order to reach students, we support and facilitate the efforts of educators to prepare students for success as global citizens and to instill pride and value in Philadelphia’s rich heritage.
How we engage teachers:
1. Encourage teachers to teach about World Heritage
2. Connect teachers to World Heritage educational resources
3. Support the efforts of teachers to teach about World Heritage